The RVCA is pleased to offer resources to teachers interested in promoting spring water awareness.
As the warmer spring weather approaches, snow and ice begin to melt and waterways begin to fill up with cold, fast moving water. Children are often interested in exploring rushing streams and thawing ponds during the warm days of spring. However, these areas can be unsafe and it is important to teach students the dangers of these areas.
- Background information about spring flooding
- “Safety Says” video with teacher notes
- Activity ideas, resources, and sheets for use by classroom teachers
- General curriculum information
- Announcement information for use during the spring season
- Information for students to take home during flood season
- Dam safety resource materials from Ontario Power Generation
Please feel free to copy and distribute any of the information in this package. To order a print version of this package or if you have any questions about the information, please contact Rebecca Whitman, email@example.com at 613-273-3255 or Andrea Wood firstname.lastname@example.org at 613-489-3592.
- SWAP Background Information
- SWAP 8.5 x 11-inch colour poster
- SWAP 8.5 x 5.5-inch colour flyer (two per page)
- SWAP 8.5 x 5.5-inch black and white flyer (two per page)
- SWAP PowerPoint Presentation
- SWAP Safety Announcements
- SWAP Safety Extension Activities
- SWAP Curriculum Connections
- SWAP Word Search Game
- SWAP Word Search Answers
- SWAP Safe or Not Safe (colouring page)
- SWAP Home Safely Game
- SWAP Tic Tac Toe (PowerPoint)