We are looking to transform your marginal, empty or idle fields into thriving green woodlands.
We offer technical and financial assistance to rural landowners for planning, planting and maintenance of all their reforestation needs.
We Offer a Full Service Program that includes:
- Significant subsidies for all reforestation projects
- Customized tree planting plans that suit your needs
- On-site technical advice from qualified forestry staff
- Tree planting and tending services
- Ordering and handling of trees
- Site preparation
- Survival assessments
- Has a minimum of 0.4 Ha (one acre) of suitable land
- Orders a minimum of 500 trees
- Agrees to reasonably protect the trees from damage
Why Plant Trees?
- Enhanced wildlife habitat
- Visual and noise barriers
- Soil and water conservation
- Valuable winter windbreaks for people, livestock and wildlife
- Reduced heating and cooling costs — less wind, more shade
- Practical "hands-on" way to reduce greenhouse gasses (CO2) and produce oxygen (O2)
- Stabilized slopes, erosion control
- Increased biodiversity
- Wood products: lumber, sawlogs, firewood, nuts, fruit, maple syrup
- Recreational areas
- Increased crop yields (windbreaks/shelterbelts)
- Increased property values
- Economically viable land use for abandoned or unused fields
- Tax incentive programs
- Aesthetic beauty and distinctive character to rural landscapes
- Maintain a healthy watershed
What to Learn More?
Scott Danford at 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 ext. 1175
We have been planting trees since 1983 and have planted more than 5.7 million trees. We are committed to helping landowners meet their reforestation needs, while increasing tree cover throughout the Rideau watershed.