Got land? Plant trees!
We are looking to transform your marginal, empty or idle fields into thriving, green woodlands. We offer significant subsidies to rural landowners for planning, planting and maintenance of all their reforestation needs.
Our full-service program includes:
- Significant subsidies for all reforestation projects ($0.15/tree)
- Customized tree planting plans that suit your needs
- On-site technical advice from qualified forestry staff
- Tree planting and tending services
- Ordering and handling of trees
- Site preparation
- Survival assessments
To qualify, landowners must:
- Have a minimum 0.4 Ha (one acre) of suitable land
- Order a minimum of 1,000 trees
- Agree to reasonably protect the trees from damage
Why Plant Trees?
- Enhanced wildlife habitat
- Visual and noise barriers
- Soil and water conservation
- Valuable winter windbreaks for people, livestock and wildlife
- Reduced heating and cooling costs — less wind, more shade
- Practical "hands-on" way to reduce greenhouse gasses (CO2) and produce oxygen (O2)
- Stabilized slopes, erosion control
- Increased biodiversity
- Wood products: lumber, sawlogs, firewood, nuts, fruit, maple syrup
- Recreational areas
- Increased crop yields (windbreaks/shelterbelts)
- Increased property values
- Economically viable land use for abandoned or unused fields
- Tax incentive programs
- Aesthetic beauty and distinctive character to rural landscapes
- Maintain a healthy watershed
What to Learn More?
We have planted more than 6.4 million trees since 1983. We are committed to helping landowners meet their reforestation needs while increasing tree cover to build a resilient, healthy watershed for today and the future.