Walking along Conservation Area trails is a fun, safe and healthy way to experience the outdoors in the Rideau Watershed. There is much to explore, from woodland trails and marsh boardwalks to lakeside beaches and meandering waterways. Walking is an easy and enjoyable way to stay fit and healthy while enjoying the beautiful natural areas that the region has to offer? Why go to a gym to walk on a treadmill when there are 50 kilometres of trails in your own backyard?
Where to Enjoy this Activity
- Baxter Conservation Area
- Chapman Mills Conservation Area
- Foley Mountain Conservation Area
- Meisel Woods Conservation Area
- Mill Pond Conservation Area
- Motts Mills Conservation Area
- Perth Wildlife Reserve
- W. A. Taylor Conservation Area
- Go equipped with sunscreen, mosquito repellent and drinking water as well as comfortable shoes.
- Do not venture off the trails.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Take nothing but pictures.