Foley Mountain Forest School offers an alternative education in which children spend most of their time outside, learning through experiential, hands-on opportunities that promote curiosity in an active and authentic learning environment. Students will receive the benefits of repeated and regular visits to a natural area, in a play and inquiry-based education setting.
|Our Community Partners|
Forest School FREE Family Programs
We’re excited to announce this spring and summer Foley Mountain Forest School will be offering 12 FREE morning programs for families with children of all ages. Children and parents can experience nature hands-on, as a family, connect with the outdoors and build a lifelong relationship with the natural world.We’re excited to announce this spring and summer Foley Mountain Forest School will be offering 12 FREE morning programs for families with children of all ages. Children and parents can experience nature hands-on, as a family, connect with the outdoors and build a lifelong relationship with the natural world.
We will spend time wandering and playing in the forest, exploring new treasures, listening to stories, and building creations after a lovely hike. Come out to find community as we walk the trails and play before heading back out into the world.
- This is a drop-in group — everyone is welcome!
- Pre-registration is not required
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- FREE of cost
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. each day
|Summer Dates||Fall Dates||Camp Hours||Register|
|Thursday, August 23
Monday, August 27
Monday, September 24
|10:00 to 11:30||Registration Form|
Forest School Kindergarten Program — Open House Tues, Aug 28!
This fall, Foley Mountain Forest School will be accepting registrations for our NEW Kindergarten morning program for children ages 3-6 years. Students will be engaged in a child-centered learning environment that is active, challenging, experiential and authentic.
- Fall session begins September 10, 2018
- Pre-registration is required
- Children ages 3-6 years welcome
- Cost per Session (See chart below)
- 9:00 a.m. to 12pm (3 hours), two days a week
|Program Session — 12 weeks||Date||Time||Fee||Register|
|Forest School Kindergarten - Fall Session (ages 3-6)||One morning/week
|9am – 12pm||$300||Registration Form|
|Forest School Kindergarten - Fall Session (ages 4-6)||Two morning/week
|9am – 12pm||$600||Registration Form|
The following items need to be completed and included for full registration in the Foley Mountain Forest School Kindergarten Program:
- Read and understand the Foley Mountain Forest School Parent Handbook
- Fill-in and complete all sections of the Registration Form, as well as read and sign for the Assumption of Risks and Informed Consent
- Provide and include a copy of child’s Immunization Records OR complete the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit
- Complete the Prescription Medication Form if needed
Once you have completed all items on this checklist, send completed registration packages by email to:
Rebecca Whitman at email@example.com or by mail to: Foley Mountain Conservation Area, P.O. Box 244, Westport ON K0G 1X0