Lake Planning Program
From 2005 to 2008, the Lake Management Planning Program provided information and guidance to lake groups within the Tay Valley Township and the Tay River Watershed interested in developing lake plans. The program was organized by the Friends of the Tay Watershed, Lanark County Stewardship Council, Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority, Otty Lake Association, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, and the Tay Valley Township.
The Lake Management Planning Program provided:
- Information packages on the benefits and process of lake planning;
- Workshops aimed at sharing information about lake issues;
- Support and assistance in the development of State of the Lake Reports and Lake Plans;
- A comprehensive website offering helpful lake planning resources and templates
2009 Onward . . .
Although the funding for this very successful program has come to an end, the partners remain committed to lake planning and continued support for the development of lake plans to protect the health of local lakes and their watersheds. For more information, resources and assistance contact meaghan.mcdonald@rvca.
- Lake Planning Handbook for Community Groups
- North American Lake Management Society
- A Citizen’s Guide to Lake Protection
- Guide to Lake Protection and Management
- Landowner Resource Centre
- Example Lake Plans and State of Lake Reports are available by request.
Lake Links Workshops
Since 2002, the Lake Links Workshop has been an annual opportunity for representatives of lake associations and other volunteer stewardship groups in Eastern Ontario to come together with government and non-government agencies to listen to speakers, share information, and address common lake and river issues that matter most to Eastern Ontario communities. The workshop has become an important networking opportunity for these groups and has fostered excellent partnerships, communication and collaboration with regional government and non-government organizations.
For more information on the Lake Links Workshop, visit Watersheds Canada.