If you are planning to do any work near a lake, river, stream, floodplain, steep slope or wetland, you may require approval from the RVCA.
The following projects require RVCA review and approval:
- the construction, reconstruction, erection or placing of a building or structure of any kind,
- changes that would alter the use or potential use of a building or structure
- increasing the size of the building or structure or increasing the number of dwelling units in the building or structure,
- site grading,
- the temporary or permanent placing, dumping or removal of any material, originating in the site or elsewhere,
- the straightening, changing or diverting or interfering with an existing channel of a river, creek, stream or watercourse, or changing or interfering with a wetland.
If you are not within an identified floodplain, wetland, adjacent to a steep slope or working on the waterfront, then a permit may not be required from the RVCA. You should still contact your municipality to ensure your project meets municipal requirements. Please contact us for information.