Foley Mountain Lane
Westport, ON K0G 1X0
Open year round
8:30 a.m. to dusk
subject to winter conditions
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Our conservation areas are open, but visitors must follow all local public health guidelines, maintain physical distancing and obey trail signage.
Please STAY HOME if you are showing signs of illness, supposed to be self-isolating or under quarantine. Attend only with your household and do not gather in groups.
If the parking lots or trails look busy, be prepared to come back another day.
PLEASE NOTE: During the winter months, outhouses and interpretive centres are closed and trails are not maintained.
Activities and Amenities
High atop a granite ridge overlooking the historic Upper Rideau waterway and Village of Westport is Foley Mountain. Foley is famous for its dynamic, hands-on, education programs for school children and youth groups. Enjoy the scenic lookout, hiking trails and picnic areas.
Fall Colours at Foley Mountain Conservation Area - Safety First!
— Click on the map to download information on trail directions, tips on additional viewing points and parking locations.
Numbers are on the rise and staff will be onsite during busy weekends to limit the number of visitors in the park and those gathering on viewing platforms. The Spy Rock viewing area will be limited to 25 people and masks are strongly recommended.
- Practice physical distancing rules.
- Wear a mask at viewing locations such as the popular Spy Rock.
- Follow directional signs on trails.
- Yield to oncoming trail users when necessary.
- Come equipped with water and hand sanitizer (outhouses are open)
- Pay $7 day pass using coins (bills are NOT accepted) at the pay machine or purchase your pass online using the PayByPhone App when you arrive on site (visit rvca.ca/foley-mountain for details). Staff will not be accepting cash payment on site.
- We allow for 80 vehicles but not all parking is at Spy Rock. Consider parking at the interpretive centre and taking a nice hike to the lookout.
- You may be turned away if park capacity has been reached. Be sure to have alternate plans in the surrounding area if you are making a special trip.
- As visitors leave the park, others will be allowed to enter. Please limit your visits to allow others an opportunity to enjoy these parks.
- Download: Fall at Foley Please Remember Tips
- Foley Tip #1: Planning a trip to Foley Mountain this weekend? Our numbers are up! Here’s how you can make you trip enjoyable and safe! Learn more at www.rvca.ca/foley-mountain
- Foley Tip #2: Coming to Foley? Come with coins (not bills) to make things at our pay machine fast and efficient! $7 gets vehicle access to the site. Here are some other handy tips to make your visit fun and safe.
- Foley Tip #3: Are you hoping to do a big fall hike while at Foley Mountain? Consider following the park road all the way to the end where there is additional parking at the Interpretive Centre and making your way to the lookout on the hiking trails. Download the map.
- Foley Tip #4: Our staff are helping control crowds and keeping your visit safe. Please be advised that you may be turned away if the park capacity has been reached. Be sure to have alternate plans in the surrounding area if you are making a special trip! There’s a lot of local fun to enjoy.
- Foley Tip #5: Did you know if you park by the Education and Group Camping Area you are only a 5-10 minute walk along the road from your vehicle to the Spy Rock lookout! You can also hop on the 3km blue trail across from Group Camping and you'll go right by Spy Rock.
- Foley Tip #6: Did you know if you park at the Interpretive Centre and want to visit Spy Rock, you can walk along the Rideau Trail which travels both directions (west or Kingston bound) for about 1 km along the ridge. It’s a nice 20-25 minute walk. Yes you will go up a good incline on the way there for a workout, but then it is downhill all the way back!
- Foley Tip #7: Be sure to check out Our Foley Tips 1 thru 6 posted yesterday on our social media feeds to help make your visit safe and enjoyable.
- Foley Tip #8: We recommend wearing a mask when at viewing locations such as the popular Spy Rock. Don’t forget physical distancing. Stay safe!
Purchasing a Pass
- $7 day pass / $50 annual pass
- Pay machine on site that accepts COIN and CREDIT CARD. Credit card purchases are processed via cell networks. Due to our remote location, connections are sometimes slow. Please be patient!
- Go high tech with PayByPhone and purchase your pass online, using the app, or over the phone.
Foley Mountain Conservation Area Trail Map
- Spy Rock scenic lookout
- Interpretive centre
- Discovery Centre
- Education programs and day camps
- Natural swimming area
- Hiking and snowshoeing trails
- Facility rental
- Group camping for organized groups such as Guiding, Scouting, and community organizations
For listings of current advisories, please visit the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit.