Make an Application

To make a Section 28 application:

  1. Contact the RVCA while you are in the early stages of planning your project. It will save you time and keep your schedule on track. Your first step is to determine if you require Conservation Authority approval. E-mail us at  or speak to an RVCA Resource Specialists at 613-692-3571 || 1-800-267-3504 (extension 1193 or 1132). They will confirm that you need a permit and provide you with the preliminary information you will require to submit an application.
  2. Download and complete the RVCA Application for Development. You may also contact the a Resource Specialist for paper copy or visit our office to pick up a copy.
  3. Refer to the Application Fee Schedule to determine the category of works and the application type. Forward your permit application form and other required information including plans drawn to scale, a survey, elevation information, etc. Please see the RVCA's Minimum Application Requirements for a complete checklist. The application fee is paid at the time of filing the application with the RVCA.

Click here for a full list of forms, fees and resources. 


Contact Us

Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
3889 Rideau Valley Drive
Manotick, Ontario K4M 1A5

613-692-3571, 1-800-267-3504



Regular Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Member of: conservation ontario