RVCA is proud to be part of the City Stream Watch Program. Since 2003, this program has worked with volunteers to monitor and report on information about our urban creeks and streams in the City of Ottawa.
City Stream Watch volunteers:
- conduct stream habitat assessments (physical and biological characteristics)
- sample for and identify aquatic benthic invertebrates
- participate in fish sampling sessions
- monitor stream temperatures
- remove invasive species
- assist in stream rehabilitation and shoreline restoration projects
- clean up streams to remove urban garbage
Want to learn more?
The City Stream Watch is always looking for new volunteers to help monitor, protect and clean up Ottawa streams. No experience is needed and no minimum time commitment.
Sign-up to our mailing list to join our list of volunteers and receive information on City Stream Watch opportunities and events.
The City Stream Watch Program is a community-based partnership which includes the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, Heron Park Community Association, Ottawa Flyfishers Society, Rideau Roundtable, Canadian Forces Fish and Game Club, Ottawa Stewardship Council, City of Ottawa and the National Capital Commission.