Displaying items by tag: conservation areas
OTTAWA, JAN. 11, 2020 – We know that outdoor spaces matter right now more than ever: your mental and physical health depend on them. That's why we are proud to keep our 11 conservation areas and 42 km of trails open for you during this time.
When visiting our sites, your safety and the safety of others is our top priority. Please remember:
- Stay 2 metres from people outside your household, or wear a mask if that’s not possible;
- Follow all directional signs on trails (many are now one-way loops to limit passing);
- No more than 25 people in gathering areas like parking lots, trailheads, viewing areas and toboggan hills;
- Mask required when congregating at parking lots, trailheads, viewing areas and toboggan hills;
- If the park looks busy, be prepared to come back another time;
- Stay on the trails and park only in designated areas;
- Keep dogs on leash at all times;
- Ice conditions are not monitored and may be unsafe;
- All conservation areas close at dusk.
Please note that parking fees apply in some parks. Annual passes are also available at paybyphone.com (code 5222).
Thank you for your continued commitment to keeping our community safe and healthy.