The Rideau Valley Rural Clean Water Program (RVRCWP) offers grants and technical assistance program for on-farm and rural projects that protect water quality in the Rideau River watershed outside the City of Ottawa (see map). We work in partnership with individual landowners to help protect the land and water we all rely on.
The RVRCWP is guided by a Steering Committee made up of local citizens drawn from farm organizations, environmental interest groups as well as all levels of government with a direct link to the water environment.
Projects completed create a win-win situation all around. The landowner gets a helping hand with the financing of conservation work, the program sponsors get the pleasure of giving back to their community, and our children and grandchildren get to enjoy a clean healthy Rideau River as our legacy to them all.
Funding is limited and provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Projects completed prior to contacting RVCA will not be eligible for funding.
- Farmers who have completed a 3rd edition or newer Environmental Farm Plan (EFP)
- Rural non-farmers who have completed a Healthy Home Guide, may be eligible for funding
- The Healthy Home Guide will be provided uring site visits
- Apply prior to starting work on your project
- Obtain all necessary permits, approvals, and meet all legal requirements
- Complete a 3rd or 4th Edition Environmental Farm Plan (farm projects), or Healthy Home Guidebook (non-farm projects).
What is generally eligible for funding?
- Permit / approval costs
- Purchased materials and supplies
- Contract labour and professional fees
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please contact the RVCA AT 613-692-3571 ext. 1136 to register your information and confirm eligibility
Do you have more questions about the RVRCWP?: Click here to view our FAQs (frequently asked questions).
RVRCWP Eligible Project Categories
|Eligible Projects/ Click here to view project details, |
download RVRCWP brochure
|Maximum Grant %||Maximum Grant $|
|Clean Water Diversion*||50%||$5,000|
|Livestock Restriction from Water–Livestock Crossing, Alternate Watering, Fencing*||90%||$7,500|
|Pesticide/Chemical/Fertilizer/Fuel Storage and Handling Facility*||50%||$1,000|
|Nutrient Management Plans/Precision Farming*||50%||$1,000|
|Controlled Tile Drainage*||80%||$1,000|
|Erosion Control - Field and Tile Outlet*||90%||$3,500|
|Erosion Control - Shoreline||90%||$3,500|
|Forest & Wetland Management Plans||75%||$750|
|Private Sewage System Repair||50%||$1,000|
*Available only to farmers with an Environmental Farm Plan (EFP)
Please note: program grant rates may change without notice or be adjusted by the Review Committee.
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR PROJECT, contact RVCA for program information.
- Submit completed application to:
Rural Clean Water Program,
Box 599, 3889 Rideau Valley Dr.,
Manotick, ON K4M 1A5 or
- Be sure to attach your estimates/quotes and any necessary permits
- A site representative will visit your property
- Project is reviewed by our Review Committee
- Project grant proceeds if approved
- Payment issued upon completion of work, inspection by site representative and submission of all permits, approvals and proof of payment