Rideau Watershed, March 17, 2020 — The health, safety and well-being of our visitors and staff is our top priority. RVCA is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with the following changes in operations and programming effective immediately:
- The RVCA Administrative Centre (3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick) is closed to the general public.
- Meetings and events scheduled at the RVCA Administrative Centre are cancelled.
- Education programming and rentals at Baxter and Foley Mountain Conservation Areas are cancelled.
- Interpretive centres and privies at RVCA Conservation Areas are closed to the general public. The trails remain open for physical and mental health benefits and will be available free of charge until April 6, 2020.
- All essential services including RVCA’s flood forecasting and warning operations and planning and permitting remain active.
Staff will continue to provide service over the phone and through email. Please call 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 or search online at www.rvca.ca/directory for a directory of services and contact information. Permits and other hard copy documents can be dropped off in our drop box at RVCA Administrative office or emailed to the appropriate staff member. Payment can be taken over the phone at 613-692-3571 ext. 1100.
Theses decisions are in response to recent measures implemented across the province. As of today, we plan to reopen on Monday, April 6, 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation and reassess as more information becomes available. Please check the RVCA website and social media platforms for updates. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.
RVCA’s outdoor facilities at our developed Conservation Area will remain open for public use; only the interpretive centres and privies will be closed. The public are invited to use our outdoor trails and boardwalks free of charge until April 6, 2020. Visit www.rvca.ca/conservation-areas for a complete listing of locations and amenities.