RIDEAU LAKES / WESTPORT, October 1, 2020 – Foley Mountain Conservation Area is a popular fall destination. Known for its breathtaking views and scenic hiking trails, Foley Mountain continues to welcome guests for much needed outdoor fun.
“Fall is an exceptionally popular time to experience Foley Mountain,” said Rebecca Whiteman, Foley Mountain Conservation Area Supervisor. “And while we continue to welcome guests, we want everyone to be prepared for a safe and enjoyable experience.”
What does that mean? Well, during these Covid-19 times here are a few things to know before making the trip out:
- Practice physical distancing rules.
- Wear a mask at viewing locations such as the popular Spy Rock and anytime when physical distancing is not possible.
- Follow directional signs on trails and yield to oncoming trail users when necessary.
- Come equipped with water and hand sanitizer (outhouses are open).
- Pay $7 day pass using credit card or coins (bills are NOT accepted) at the pay machine or purchase your pass online using the PayByPhone App when you arrive on site (visit rvca.ca/foley-mountain for details). Staff will not be accepting cash payment on site.
- You may be turned away if park capacity has been reached. Be sure to have alternate plans in the surrounding area if you are making a special trip.
- As visitors leave the park, others will be allowed to enter. Please limit your visits to allow others an opportunity to enjoy these parks.
Staff will be onsite during busy weekends to limit the number of visitors in the park and those gathering on viewing platforms. The Spy Rock viewing area will be limited to 25 people and masks are strongly recommended.
“Our guests continue to grow in number. We want to remain open, but want everyone to be as safe as possible,” says Whitman. “Everyone’s cooperation is greatly appreciated.”
To learn more about Foley Mountain Conservation Area, visit www.rvca.ca/foley-mountain or follow the Foley Mountain Facebook page at @foleymountain.
- end -