Our flood warning index has four stages:
- No flood conditions exist
- Be informed and aware.
- Water Safety Statements —High flows, unsafe banks, melting ice or other factors that could be dangerous for recreational users such as anglers, canoeists, hikers, children, pets, etc. Flooding is not expected.
- Flood Outlook Statements — Early notice of the potential for flooding based on weather forecasts calling for heavy rain, snow melt, high wind or other conditions that could lead to high runoff, cause ice jams, lakeshore flooding or erosion
- Flood Watch
- Be prepared to activate your flood response plans, if it becomes necessary.
- Flooding is possible in specific watercourses or municipalities. Municipalities, emergency services and individual landowners in flood-prone areas should prepare.
- Flood Warning
- Activate your flood response procedures now.
- Flooding is imminent or already occurring in specific watercourses or municipalities.
Click here for the RVCA's Watershed Conditions Statements.
For water levels and flows on the Ottawa River visit the Ottawa River Regulation Planning Board