Access municipal information to help you with flood recovery.
A reminder to all landowners to check with your local Conservation Authority to see if approval is required prior to doing any "clean-up" work along your shoreline (e.g., shoreline stabilization or reparir to shore works, erosion control, dock construction, etc.).
- Damaged shoreline or structures? Be sure to see if there are any restrictions or approval requirements in our Guidelines for Shorelines Work in the Rideau Valley Watershed or contact an RVCA Resource Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org — 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 ext. 1132 or ext. 1193.
- Questions about structures and septic systems after the flood? Check out the RVCA Factsheet: Frequently Asked Questions of the Conservation Authority and the Ottawa Septic System Office
- Learn more about the RVCA's Alteration to Shorelines Regulation (Ontario Regulaiton 174/06).
- Want to apply? RVCA Application for “Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses” Ont. Reg. 174/06
- Suffering from severe erosion on your shoreline? Rural Clean Water Program (RCWP) accepting applications for grants. Be sure to have all approvals for work in place (see above) and register with RCWP staff prior to starting work (613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 ext. 1134)
- Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program
- Rideau Valley Rural Clean Water Program
- Have sandbags? RVCA Factsheet: Cleaning Up After the Flood — Proper Handling and Disposal of Sandbags
- Interested in establishing a natural shoreline? Learn about RVCA's Shoreline Naturalization Program.