The health, safety and well-being of our clients and staff is our top priority. RVCA is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with the following changes in operations and programming effective immediately:
- The RVCA Administrative Centre (3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick) is closed to the general public.
- Meetings and events scheduled at the RVCA Administrative Centre are cancelled.
- Staff are working remotely, and we are moving forward with a business as usual approach.
- Please call 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 or search online at rvca.ca/directory for a directory of services and contact information.
Scroll below for important information on:
- Conservation Areas
- Summer Day Camps and Outdoor Education Programs
- Special Events
- Planning and Regulations
- Ottawa Septic System Office
During the first stage of reopening, Emergency Provincial Orders remain in place prohibiting gatherings of more than five people outside of your current household. This applies to all public use of our conservation areas. In all cases, physical distancing of at least two metres – six feet – is required.
We are opening our amenities as staff and time permit. Please note the below:
- Trails are open at all RVCA Conservation Areas.
- Fees are no longer being waived. Day Passes and Annual Passes are avilable at https://www.rvca.ca/conservation-areas/purchase-a-pass
- Foley Mountain Conservation Area gates will be open from 8:30 a.m. to dusk. Gates will be closed and locked outside these hours.
- Baxter Conservation Area is open from dawn to dusk.
- Interpretive centres, washrooms and changerooms remain closed. Plan your visit accordingly and bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand washing facilities available.
- Picnic tables and railings are not cleaned on a regular basis. Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand washing facilities available.
- Sites are not being maintained. Visitors are asked to carry any garbage or pet waste out with them. Please do not leave pet waste.
- We are sure many people will be keen to get out and enjoy conservation area trails and boat launches. Please be prepared to make the necessary decision to turn around if the parking lots look busy or full and come another time!
Please follow Conservation Area rules:
- STAY HOME if you are self-isolating, under quarantine, have recently returned from any travel outside of the area or are showing any signs of illness.
- If you are going to a Conservation Area, you should be going alone or with your household unit.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and remain more than six feet from others.
- Follow directional signs on posted on trails at specific Conservation Areas.
- Yield to oncoming trail users when necessary (crossing bridges, climbing viewing platforms)
- Keep dogs on leash.
- Trash-in, trash-out! Please take your trash with you.
- Do not congregate in a Conservation Area.
- RVCA boat launches are open.
- Beaches are open at Baxter and Rideau Ferry Yacht Club Conservation Areas. The beach at Foley Mountain remains closed. Please note that Interpretive centres, washrooms and changerooms remain closed. Please plan your visit accordingly.
Interpretive Centres, Washrooms and Changerooms
- Interpretive centres, washrooms and changerooms remain closed. Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand washing facilities available.
Benches, picnic tables, shelters, lookouts
- Amenities, including benches, picnic tables, shelters and lookouts, are open. These amenities are not cleaned regularly. Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand washing facilities available. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- Play fields are available for casual use only, respecting physical distancing measures and groups of no more than five people.
Summer Day Camps and Outdoor Education Programs
- Summer day camp programs (Baxter and Foley Mountain) are cancelled. We made this difficult decision out of an abundance of caution and to protect the healthy and safety of our campers and staff.
- Interpretive centres and at RVCA Conservation Areas are closed to the general public.
- Education programming and rentals at Baxter and Foley Mountain Conservation Areas are cancelled.
Saturday, May 9, 2020 - Lanark County Tree Giveaway is cancelled. We are hoping to reschedule in June 20, 2020. Watch for updates here and on our social media platforms.
RVCA Planning and Regulation Services
- Staff continue to provide service over the phone and through email. Please call 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 or search online at rvca.ca/directory for a directory of services and contact information.
- Permits and other hard copy documents can be couriered or dropped off or delivered in our drop box at the RVCA Administrative office at Box 599, 3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick ON K4M 1A5 or emailed to the appropriate staff member.
- Planning application payments can be taken over the phone at 613-692-3571 ext. 1128.
- Section 28 permit payments can be taken over the phone at 613-692-3571 ext. 1193.
- Onsite inspections will only be conducted without any other persons on site. Should anyone be onsite during visits, we ask that they remain inside their homes or vehicles and that they speak to our inspectors by phone during the visit.
Ottawa Septic System Office
- Visit www.ottawasepticsystemoffice.ca for service details.
We will continue to monitor the situation and reassess as more information becomes available. Please check our website and social media platforms for updates. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.-