The health, safety and well-being of our clients and staff is our top priority. RVCA is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with the following changes in operations and programming:
- The RVCA Administrative Centre (3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick) is closed to the general public.
- Meetings and events scheduled at the RVCA Administrative Centre are cancelled or will proceed virtually.
- Staff are working remotely with a business as usual approach.
- Please call 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 or search online at rvca.ca/directory for a directory of services and contact information.
Scroll below for important information on:
- Conservation Areas
- Outdoor Education Programs
- Planning and Regulations
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Ottawa Septic System Office
- Trails are open at all RVCA Conservation Areas.
- Fees are no longer being waived. Day Passes and Annual Passes are avilable at https://www.rvca.ca/conservation-areas/purchase-a-pass
- Foley Mountain Conservation Area is open from dawn to dusk.
- Baxter Conservation Area is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., seven days a week.
- Interpretive centres are closed.
- Washrooms and changerooms are open.
- Picnic tables and railings are not cleaned on a regular basis.
- Visitors are asked to carry any garbage or pet waste out with them. Please do not leave pet waste.
- We are sure many people will be keen to get out and enjoy our conservation areas. Please be prepared to turn around if the parking lots look busy or full and come another time!
- Mask required when congregating at parking lots, trailheads, viewing areas, etc.
- Stay on the trails and park only in designated areas
Please follow Conservation Area rules:
- STAY HOME if you are self-isolating, under quarantine, have recently returned from any travel outside of the area or are showing any signs of illness.
- If you are going to a Conservation Area, visit with members of your household or up to five people outside your household.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and remain more than six feet from others.
- Follow directional signs on posted on trails at specific Conservation Areas.
- Yield to oncoming trail users when necessary (crossing bridges, climbing viewing platforms)
- Keep dogs on leash.
- Trash-in, trash-out! Please take your trash with you.
- Do not congregate in a Conservation Area.
Boat Launches and Beaches
- RVCA docks have been installed at the boat launches at W.A. Taylor and Rideau Ferry conservation areas as of May 22, 2021, per provincial rules for opening outdoor amenities under the stay-at-home order.
- Beaches are now OPEN at Baxter, Foley Mountain and Rideau Ferry Yacht Club Conservation Areas. No lifeguards are on duty at any time.
Interpretive Centres and Changerooms
- Interpretive centres and changerooms remain closed.
Benches, picnic tables, shelters, lookouts
- Amenities, including benches, picnic tables, shelters and lookouts, are open. These amenities are not cleaned regularly. Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand washing facilities available. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- Play fields are available for casual use - please respect physical distancing measures.
Outdoor Education Programs and Rentals
- Interpretive centres and other buildings at RVCA Conservation Areas are closed to the general public.
- For information about what education programs and rentals are available at this time, please contact the site supervisor.
Baxter Conservation Area - Andrea Wood, 613-489-3592
Foley Mountain - Rebecca Whitman, 613-273-3255
RVCA Planning and Regulation Services
- Staff continue to provide service over the phone and through email. Please call 613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504 or search online at rvca.ca/directory for a directory of services and contact information.
- Permits and other hard copy documents can be couriered or dropped off or delivered in our drop box at the RVCA Administrative office at Box 599, 3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick ON K4M 1A5 or emailed to the appropriate staff member.
- Planning application payments can be taken over the phone at 613-692-3571 ext. 1128.
- Section 28 permit payments can be taken over the phone at 613-692-3571 ext. 1193.
- Onsite inspections will only be conducted without any other persons on site. Should anyone be onsite during visits, we ask that they remain inside their homes or vehicles and that they speak to our inspectors by phone during the visit.
Ottawa Septic System Office
- Visit www.ottawasepticsystemoffice.ca for service details.
We will continue to monitor the situation and reassess as more information becomes available. Please check our website and social media platforms for updates. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.